AE3 Media Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is AE3 Media Limited of Floor 7 , Haymarket House, 28/29 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4RX.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Iain Cartlidge.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites, and which may be amended from time to time (“our sites“). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Information that you provide to third party sites and which is publicly available to access.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- IP ADDRESSES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate. The cookies we use can be grouped into four separate categories:
- Strictly necessary
‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies allow you to navigate the website and use essential features like secure areas and online registration. These cookies don’t gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
Since these cookies are essential in our being able to guarantee the performance of our website, should you disable them we won’t be able to ensure your security or predict how our website will perform during your visit.
This type of cookie collects information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. The information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, gauge what interests our users and assess the effectiveness of advertising.
This type of cookie remembers your preferences for tools found on our websites, so you don’t have to re-set them each time you visit. Some of them are managed by third parties. They may for instance determine whether you see the latest or oldest comments made in relation to an article first.
These cookies are used to analyse what advertising might be most relevant to a user of the website based on the areas of the website that the user visits.
Please also note that by clicking on the distinctive Ad Choices logo that appears in our sites you can obtain further information as to how cookies can be used or restricted in tailoring advertising relevant to you.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services from within the AE3 Media portfolio which we feel may interest you.
- To provide your details to carefully chosen third parties so that they can contact you for marketing purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the registration form or, alternatively, do not provide your consent to pass on those details when prompted.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any relevant part of our business.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If AE3 Media or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (when collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.