You are here: Home - Insurance - Guides -

Guide to using an adviser for insurance

Written by:
Some insurance policies are easy to buy online or via the phone. But for more complex cover it makes sense to contact an adviser

For many years, the majority of people in the UK have been happy to buy motor insurance, contents and buildings cover, travel insurance, pet cover and even life assurance over the phone or online.

However, when it comes to the more complex protection products such as Critical Illness, Income Protection, Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance and specialist property insurances such as renovation cover, the majority will always turn to a professional adviser.



Advisers are working professionals and will always need to be paid, although they have different means of charging. Some will ask for an upfront fee, some are paid commission by the lender, and some receive a combination of the two. They are obliged to tell you upfront how they will be rewarded and how much commission, if any, they will earn.

There are 0 Comment(s)

If you wish to comment without signing in, click your cursor in the top box and tick the 'Sign in as a guest' box at the bottom.

Your Mortgage Guides

Your Mortgage Award Winners 2021-2022

Read our guide to the best mortgage lenders in the UK

Read More >